The FireQ-RVS System
FireQ-RVS is a communication system and service designed to connect volunteer firefighters via their mobile phones. FireQ-RVS provides rapid response verification and has been designed for volunteer and composite fire departments to complement existing dispatch systems.
FireQ-RVS provides responders with the following types of information:
- Who is responding and the location to which they are responding
- Estimated time of arrival
- Information from the scene
- Communication between firefighters
- Directions to the scene
- Text messages from CAD systems
FireQ-RVS consists of two parts:
- software that is downloaded and installed on any Windows 7 or newer computer (with an uninterrupted Internet connection), ideally located at the fire department
- a smart phone app downloaded by each active firefighter (iPhone®, Android™, BlackBerry® and Windows Phone 8®)
It is ideally suited for unmanned departments (volunteer and composite).